Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It had to happen sometime...

Today I definitely pulled an idiot move again. This time I forgot my train ticket on the train. Fortunately, I remembered, so I wasn't out the money of a new ticket, but I did have to push through all the people back to my seat and get it. Oops.

Today we spent the morning working - I went through the Video Library looking for Constitution Clips, and then at 10:00 we had a meeting. For my Educator Conference presentation I will be demonstrating how to use common 2.0 tools with C-SPAN resources. One of the programs I will be demo-ing is Google Maps, so here's what I started working on today:


View 2011 Educator Conference in a larger map


That is approximately 4 hours worth of work throughout the day.


I am also going to show how to use Poll Everywhere, which the participants will use to vote on the 3rd 2.0 tool that I demonstrate (we only get 20 minutes). I also created a hand-out to go in the C-SPAN binder that includes 10 2.0 tools, a description of the tool, and how to use them with C-SPAN resources.


The other individual project I am working on is creating (hopefully) a PBL library for the C-SPAN classroom website using C-SPAN resources. That is a lot more work than I should take on, but I'm hoping to get some great ideas from my fellow #IACoPi members and/or pull several all-nighters!


Next Thursday we are doing a tour of the Supreme Court at 10:00am and a guided Capitol tour at 2:00pm. I don't anticipate much work getting done that day! I'm really looking forward to that. I'm also really looking forward to Wolftrap this weekend! We are doing the buffet beforehand and then seeing Mama Mia!


I also learned that my aunt does not own a single paper plate or plastic fork. She does have paper napkins, but only because  Mark made her throw a party for 70 people and she didn't have enough cloth napkins. We do not use the paper napkins. God bless that woman, I don't know how she does it!

No comments:

Post a Comment